BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Researchers at LSU Pennington Biomedical Research Center are looking for women to volunteer to participate in a study on the health effects associated with alcohol consumption.
The CONSUME research study will evaluate if daily alcohol intake can cause altered health effects even with the benefits of weight loss.
A screening visit at Pennington Biomedical will help determine study eligibility.Participants will be required to consume meals and beverages provided by Pennington Biomedical for 8 weeks.
In addition to meals, participants will be provided alcohol to be consumed daily, if the participant is assigned to alcohol group.
Participation in this research study will last approximately 3 months.
NUMBER OF VISITS
- 1 screening visit
- 2 study visits
- Daily visits during an 8 week period for breakfast and meal pick up (weekdays only)
- Body measurements (height, weight, etc.)
- Blood tests
- Food and activity diary
- MRI Scans (takes pictures of the fat tissue inside of the body)
- Be a woman 21 – 40 years old
- Be pre-menopausal
- Have a BMI of 30 – 50 (calculate your BMI)
Participants are eligible for compensation of up to $250 for the completion of this study.