BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - LSU's Pennington Biomedical Research Center is looking for people with type 2 diabetes to participate in a study to test a new diabetes medication that might help you lose weight.
Researchers say there's a need for type 2 diabetes medication that both lowers blood sugar levels and also leads to significant weight loss, which might slow down or even reverse type 2 diabetes.
- Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
- Age: 18 to 75 years of age
- Weight: 143 to 308 lbs.
- BMI: 28 to 40
You can calculate your BMI here.
Complete the online screening form to see if you qualify for this research study. You can also call (225) 763-3000.
Pennington will compensate participants with up to $1000 once the study is over.
- Pennington Biomedical will pay those who participate in study on potential weight loss medication
- Pennington Biomedical studying effects of health characteristics passed from mothers to babies
- Researchers at Pennington Biomedical testing effects of study drug in patients with liver condition
- Pennington Biomedical scientist wins lifetime achievement award