RELATED STORIES: Deaths, damage reported after severe storm sweeps across southern states
(WAFB) - A storm system that produced severe weather passed impacted the entire state of Louisiana. Effects from the storm started in the early morning on Sunday, April 2 and continued into the early morning hours on Monday, April 3.
The National Weather Service confirmed the storm system spawned 17 tornadoes across the state.
At least two people in Louisiana died as a result of the storm. However, this same storm system is responsible for deaths in other southern states.
Gov. John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency.
East Baton Rouge Parish:
- Family in Central floods for second time in less than a year
- Central residents shocked by high water levels after overnight storm
- Driver rescued during height of storm after tree smashes vehicle
- Tree falls on house in Baton Rouge
- Day care catches fire as storms pass through south Louisiana
St. Martin Parish:
- House fire caused by lightning strike
- Storm damages farm in Sabine Parish; 2 deaths, 2 tornadoes elsewhere in LA
St. Tammany Parish:
Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.