How to replace lost/flood damaged documents

How to replace lost/flood damaged documents

Disasters such as the recent floods and storms commonly result in the loss of important documents, but Louisiana residents have ways to replace them.

Here is a list of useful websites and telephone numbers:

SNAP Cards: Phone: 1-888-524-3578

Green Cards: 800-375-5283

Birth and Death Certificates: 225-342-9500

Louisiana Driver's Licenses: 888-214-5367

Bank Checks, ATM/Debit Cards or Safe Deposit Boxes: 877-275-3342

Credit Cards – Contact the appropriate issuing institution:

American Express: 800-327-1267

Discover: 800-347-2683

MasterCard: 800-627-8372

Visa: 800-847-2911

Credit Reports: Equifax, Experian or TransUnion: 877-322-8228

Social Security Cards: 800-772-1213

Fraud Alerts or a Credit Freeze:

Other support:

Identity Theft Resource Center: 888-400-5530

Medicare Cards: 800-772-1213

Passports: 877-487-2778

U.S. Savings Bonds: 844-284-2676 (toll-free)

Tax Returns: 800-829-1040

Military Records: 866-272-6272

Insurance Documents: Check with your insurance agent.

Real Estate and Property Records (Mortgage Documents, Deeds, etc.): Contact your agent.

Medical and Prescription Records: Call your doctor; medical and prescription records are tracked electronically.

Proof of Address/Residency: Contact your local utility company to obtain a recent bill.

National Archives Records: 866-272-6272

Saving family records:

Information provided by FEMA.