Police: Mom tries to bribe shooting victim
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A 41-year-old Baton Rouge woman was arrested for allegedly offering money to a person her son is accused of shooting.
Dangelique Duheart Russ was charged with public bribery Thursday morning. Baton Rouge police said she approached the victim sometime between Dec. 1 and Dec. 3. She allegedly offered money in exchange for dropping the charges against her son.
Police believe her son, Denako Duheart, 24, was the gunman in a shooting on Nov. 21 on Chippewa around 9 p.m. He was arrested on Nov. 28 and charged with attempted second-degree murder.
Duheart remains in the parish prison awaiting trial.
- Previously accused murderer faces attempted murder charge
- Charges dropped against murder suspects
- Third witness killed in murder case
- Suspect wanted in Gayosa St. murder arrested
- Another suspect wanted in connection with a burned body found near Gayosa
- Man wanted in connection with body found burned on Gayosa St. turns himself in to police
- Police name a suspect in connection with burned body found Halloween Day
Copyright 2009 WAFB. All rights reserved.