Most dangerous intersections identified
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Baton Rouge police say it is often difficult to determine the most dangerous intersections in the city because of various ways that officers write reports on accidents.
However, the following list names the city's nine most dangerous intersections based on the number of reported crashes at those intersections in 2008.
1) I-10 at Essen Lane (141 crashes)
2) Airline Highway at Old Hammond Hwy (128 crashes)
3) I-10 westbound at College Drive (112 crashes)
4) I-10 eastbound at College Drive (96 crashes)
5) Airline Highway at Goodwood Blvd (92 crashes)
6) I-12 at Millerville (75 crashes)
7) I-10 west at Acadian (75 crashes)
8) College Dr at Constitution Avenue (70 crashes)
9) I-12 east at O'Neal Lane (68 crashes)
©2009 WAFB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.