Astros vs. Mariners Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 26
Yordan Alvarez carries a two-game homer streak into the Houston Astros' (86-71) game versus the Seattle Mariners (84-72) at 10:05 PM ET on Tuesday, at T-Mobile Park.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mariners will send George Kirby (11-10) to the mound, while Cristian Javier (9-4) will take the ball for the Astros.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Mariners Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 10:05 PM ET
- TV: TBS
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Venue: T-Mobile Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kirby - SEA (11-10, 3.58 ERA) vs Javier - HOU (9-4, 4.64 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Astros Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Astros|
|Mariners vs Astros Odds|
|Mariners vs Astros Prediction|
|Mariners vs Astros Player Props|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- Javier will look to claim his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Astros, his 30th of the season. He is 9-4 with a 4.64 ERA and 149 strikeouts over 151 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Baltimore Orioles, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- In 29 games this season, the 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.64, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .238 against him.
- Javier has collected 10 quality starts this season.
- Javier will try to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.2 innings per outing).
- In one of his 29 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Cristian Javier vs. Mariners
- The opposing Mariners offense has the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.415) and ranks 12th in home runs hit (203) in all of MLB. They have a collective .243 batting average, and are 19th in the league with 1291 total hits and 12th in MLB action scoring 736 runs.
- In seven innings over one appearance against the Mariners this season, Javier has a 3.86 ERA and a 0.714 WHIP while his opponents are batting .125.
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: George Kirby
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Kirby (11-10) for his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on eight hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 25-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 3.58, an 8.94 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.058.
- He has earned a quality start 18 times in 29 starts this season.
- Kirby has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 29 chances this season.
- The 25-year-old ranks 17th in ERA (3.58), third in WHIP (1.058), and 30th in K/9 (8.1) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
George Kirby vs. Astros
- The Astros rank fifth in MLB with 806 runs scored this season. They have a .259 batting average this campaign with 217 home runs (seventh in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Astros one time this season, allowing them to go 6-for-25 with a double and an RBI in 6 2/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.