How to Watch the Astros vs. Royals Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for September 16
Bobby Witt Jr. and the Kansas City Royals hit the field on Saturday at Kauffman Stadium against J.P. France, who is starting for the Houston Astros. First pitch will be at 7:10 PM ET for the second game of a three-game series.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this matchup and make sure you don't miss any of the action all year long!
Astros vs. Royals Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Royals Pitching Matchup|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros rank eighth in MLB play with 202 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Houston ranks sixth in MLB, slugging .435.
- The Astros' .259 batting average is fourth-best in MLB.
- Houston is the fifth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.1 runs per game (760 total).
- The Astros' .332 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Astros strike out 7.6 times per game to rank third in baseball.
- The pitching staff for Houston has a collective 9.1 K/9, the seventh-best in MLB.
- Houston's 3.96 team ERA ranks seventh across all MLB pitching staffs.
- Pitchers for the Astros combine for the 15th-ranked WHIP in the majors (1.284).
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- France makes the start for the Astros, his 22nd of the season. He is 11-5 with a 3.61 ERA and 96 strikeouts in 127 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the San Diego Padres, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up four hits.
- France has registered 13 quality starts this season.
- France is looking for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.8 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He has had four appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/10/2023||Padres||W 12-2||Home||J.P. France||Matt Waldron|
|9/11/2023||Athletics||L 4-0||Home||Framber Valdez||Mason Miller|
|9/12/2023||Athletics||L 6-2||Home||Justin Verlander||JP Sears|
|9/13/2023||Athletics||W 6-2||Home||Hunter Brown||Paul Blackburn|
|9/15/2023||Royals||L 4-2||Away||Cristian Javier||Zack Greinke|
|9/16/2023||Royals||-||Away||J.P. France||Cole Ragans|
|9/17/2023||Royals||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Jordan Lyles|
|9/18/2023||Orioles||-||Home||Justin Verlander||John Means|
|9/19/2023||Orioles||-||Home||Hunter Brown||Kyle Gibson|
|9/20/2023||Orioles||-||Home||Cristian Javier||Kyle Bradish|
|9/22/2023||Royals||-||Home||J.P. France||Cole Ragans|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.