Braves vs. Phillies Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 28
Sunday's contest features the Atlanta Braves (31-21) and the Philadelphia Phillies (25-27) facing off at Truist Park (on May 28) at 7:10 PM. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 5-4 win for the Braves.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Spencer Strider (4-2) to the mound, while Dylan Covey will take the ball for the Phillies.
Braves vs. Phillies Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Truist Park in Atlanta, Georgia
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Braves vs. Phillies Score Prediction
Our pick for this matchup is Braves 5, Phillies 4.
Total Prediction for Braves vs. Phillies
- Total Prediction: Under 9 runs
Read More About This Game
Braves Performance Insights
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Braves have a record of 4-5.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Atlanta and its opponents are 5-4-1 in its last 10 games with a total.
- The Braves have one win against the spread in their last two chances.
- This season, the Braves have been favored 43 times and won 26, or 60.5%, of those games.
- Atlanta has been at least -250 moneyline favorites seven times this season and won each of those games.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 71.4% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta has scored the seventh-most runs in the majors this season with 264.
- The Braves have a 3.69 team ERA that ranks fourth across all MLB pitching staffs.
Phillies Performance Insights
- The Phillies have been an underdog just two times in their last 10 contests and won both matchups.
- In its previous 10 games with a total, Philadelphia and its opponents have combined to exceed the over/under on five occasions.
- The Phillies have gone 2-1-0 against the runline over their past 10 matchups (three of those contests had a runline set by oddsmakers).
- The Phillies have been chosen as underdogs in 18 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (38.9%) in those games.
- Oddsmakers have given Philadelphia the worst odds of winning it has seen this season with a +200 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The Phillies have an implied victory probability of 33.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Philadelphia scores the 22nd-most runs in baseball (223 total, 4.3 per game).
- The Phillies have the 23rd-ranked ERA (4.58) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 23||Dodgers||L 8-1||Spencer Strider vs Bobby Miller|
|May 24||Dodgers||W 4-3||Bryce Elder vs Tony Gonsolin|
|May 25||Phillies||W 8-5||Dylan Dodd vs Aaron Nola|
|May 26||Phillies||L 6-4||Jared Shuster vs Taijuan Walker|
|May 27||Phillies||L 2-1||Charlie Morton vs Zack Wheeler|
|May 28||Phillies||-||Spencer Strider vs Dylan Covey|
|May 29||@ Athletics||-||Mike Soroka vs Paul Blackburn|
|May 30||@ Athletics||-||Bryce Elder vs JP Sears|
|May 31||@ Athletics||-||Jared Shuster vs JP Sears|
|June 2||@ Diamondbacks||-||Charlie Morton vs Merrill Kelly|
|June 3||@ Diamondbacks||-||Spencer Strider vs Tommy Henry|
|May 23||Diamondbacks||L 4-3||Matt Strahm vs Ryne Nelson|
|May 24||Diamondbacks||W 6-5||Ranger Suárez vs Zac Gallen|
|May 25||@ Braves||L 8-5||Aaron Nola vs Dylan Dodd|
|May 26||@ Braves||W 6-4||Taijuan Walker vs Jared Shuster|
|May 27||@ Braves||W 2-1||Zack Wheeler vs Charlie Morton|
|May 28||@ Braves||-||Dylan Covey vs Spencer Strider|
|May 30||@ Mets||-||Ranger Suárez vs Kodai Senga|
|May 31||@ Mets||-||Aaron Nola vs Carlos Carrasco|
|June 1||@ Mets||-||Taijuan Walker vs Max Scherzer|
|June 2||@ Nationals||-||Zack Wheeler vs Josiah Gray|
|June 3||@ Nationals||-||TBA vs MacKenzie Gore|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.