Astros vs. Athletics: Odds, spread, over/under - May 26
Hunter Brown will take the mound for the Houston Astros (28-21) on Friday, May 26 versus the Oakland Athletics (10-42), who will answer with James Kaprielian. The first pitch will be thrown at 9:40 PM ET at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
The Astros have been listed as -275 moneyline favorites in this matchup with the Athletics (+220). Houston is favored on the run line (-2.5). The total is 8.5 runs for this contest.
Astros vs. Athletics Time and TV Channel
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CA
- Location: Oakland, California
- Venue: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (4-1, 3.37 ERA) vs Kaprielian - OAK (0-4, 8.68 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
See the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup on individual sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||Athletics Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-265||+225||Astros (-1.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-275||+220||Astros (-2.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-278||+220||Astros (-1.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-260||+220||Astros (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
If you're looking to put money on the Astros and Athletics matchup but want some help getting started, here's a quick breakdown. Betting the moneyline, run line, and total are some of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- say, the Astros (-275) -- will win the game. Pretty simple, right? If you bet $10 with those odds, and they wind up winning, you'd get $13.64 back in your pocket.
And that's not all. There are many other ways to play, as well. For example, you can wager on player props (will Kyle Tucker get a hit?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. Visit the BetMGM website and app for additional info on the many different ways you can wager on games.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Trends and Insights
- This season, the Astros have won 19 out of the 34 games, or 55.9%, in which they've been favored.
- The Astros have a record of 2-1 when they have played as moneyline favorites with odds of -275 or shorter (66.7% winning percentage).
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 73.3% chance of a victory for Houston.
- The Astros were the moneyline favorite for nine of their last 10 games, and finished 8-1 in those matchups.
- Over its last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), Houston and its opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 50 games this season and have come away with the win 10 times (20%) in those contests.
- The Athletics have yet to win this season when listed as an underdog of +220 or worse on the moneyline this season.
- In 10 games as underdogs over the last 10 matchups, the Athletics have a record of 1-9.
- When it comes to hitting the over, Oakland and its opponents are 2-8-0 in the last 10 games with a total.
Astros vs. Athletics Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Mauricio Dubon||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+145)||0.5 (+850)||0.5 (+240)|
|José Abreu||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+625)||0.5 (+170)|
|Kyle Tucker||0.5 (-238)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+425)||0.5 (+160)|
|Yordan Alvarez||0.5 (-238)||1.5 (+105)||0.5 (+270)||0.5 (+130)|
|Jose Altuve||0.5 (-208)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+220)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Astros, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+700||4th||1st|
|Win AL West||-144||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.