Astros vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 7:08 AM CDT|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 1:08 PM CDT
The Oakland Athletics (10-37) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when visiting the Houston Astros (26-19) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday.
The Astros will give the nod to Framber Valdez (3-4) versus the Athletics and James Kaprielian (0-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Astros vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (3-4, 2.84 ERA) vs Kaprielian - OAK (0-3, 10.17 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Odds|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- Valdez (3-4) will take to the mound for the Astros and make his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw four innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 2.84, a 5.42 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.123.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned seven quality starts.
- Valdez has made eight starts of five or more innings in nine chances this season, and averages 6.3 frames when he pitches.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian (0-3 with a 10.17 ERA and 25 strikeouts in 23 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Athletics, his fifth of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday, May 13 against the Texas Rangers, when the right-hander threw seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 10.17, with 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings in seven games this season. Opposing hitters have a .316 batting average against him.
- Kaprielian is looking to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Kaprielian has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this season entering this game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.