Astros vs. Athletics: Odds, spread, over/under - May 20
On Saturday, May 20 at 4:10 PM ET, the Houston Astros (25-19) host the Oakland Athletics (10-36) at Minute Maid Park. Hunter Brown will get the call for the Astros, while JP Sears will take the mound for the Athletics.
The Astros are the favorite in this one, at -300, while the underdog Athletics have +250 odds to upset. Houston is the run-line favorite (-2.5). An 8.5-run over/under is set in this game.
Astros vs. Athletics Time and TV Channel
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (4-1, 3.43 ERA) vs Sears - OAK (0-3, 5.27 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Check out the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup on individual sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||Athletics Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-295||+245||-||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-300||+250||Astros (-2.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-303||+240||-||9||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-300||+250||Astros (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Have the urge to bet on the Astros' game against the Athletics but aren't quite sure where to begin? We're here to assist you. Betting the moneyline, run line, and total are a few of the most common ways to place bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- for example, the Astros (-300) -- will win the contest. Pretty simple. If you bet $10 on the Astros to beat the Athletics with those odds, and the Astros emerge with the victory, you'd get back $13.33.
There are lots of other ways to play, too. You can wager on player props (will Kyle Tucker hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. For more details on the many different ways you can wager, check out the BetMGM app and website.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|Astros vs Athletics Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Trends and Insights
- The Astros have entered the game as favorites 30 times this season and won 16, or 53.3%, of those games.
- The Astros have not yet played as moneyline favorites of -300 or shorter.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 75% chance of a victory for Houston.
- The Astros went 7-1 across the eight games they were a moneyline favorite in their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), Houston and its opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- The Athletics have won in 10, or 22.7%, of the 44 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- The Athletics have been listed as an underdog of +250 or more on two occasions this season and lost both games.
- The Athletics have played as underdogs in 10 of their past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Oakland and its opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
Astros vs. Athletics Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|José Abreu||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+350)||0.5 (+130)|
|Kyle Tucker||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+105)||0.5 (+325)||0.5 (+140)|
|Alex Bregman||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+360)||0.5 (+170)|
|Yordan Alvarez||0.5 (-278)||1.5 (-105)||0.5 (+250)||0.5 (+125)|
|Jeremy Pena||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+400)||0.5 (+160)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Astros, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+750||4th||1st|
|Win AL West||-140||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.