(WAFB) - This is your one-stop-shop guide to everything you need to know about the impact of COVID-19. Categories are listed alphabetically. If you have questions, Louisiana has a statewide call network. Please call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211. If you are stressed out and need help from a free, confidential crisis counselor text REACHOUT to 741741.
Louisiana’s COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-855-453-0774
As of Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 772,789 total cases - 479 new cases
- 14,826 total deaths - 12 new deaths
- 213 patients in hospitals - increase of 7 patients
- 24 patients on ventilators - decrease of 5 patients
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- FDA approves mixing COVID vaccines; backs Moderna, J&J boosters
- Louisiana’s statewide indoor mask mandate goes into effect
- FDA gives full approval to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine or negative test required to attend LSU football games in Tiger Stadium
- Ochsner Health requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Southern University requiring masks inside A.W. Mumford Stadium
- COVID or allergies? Knowing the difference and when you should get tested
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Mondays and Thursdays)
As of Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021:
Current phase of distribution: Everyone 5 and older
Vaccine Series Initiated - 2,557,763
Total Doses Administered - 4,678,200
Extra doses: 468,082
Completed Vaccine Series - 2,270,801
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 20,933
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
The Louisiana Department of Health is reporting the following MIS-C cases, as of 11/17/2021:
Confirmed Cases: 274
Age Range: 0-20
Median Age: 10
Gender: Female 102 (37.2%) | Male 171 (62.8%)
Clinical Status: Hospitalized 3 (1.1%) Discharged 257 (93.8%) | Died 14 (5.1%)
Race: Asian 6 (2.2%) Black 130 (47.4%) Other 29 (10.7%) White 109 (39.8%) Unknown 0
Ethnicity: Hispanic 37 (13.5%) Non-Hispanic 237 (86.5%)
If all of this is a bit overwhelming and you need to lighten your mood, head on over to our section called Reason to Smile. We’re posting uplifting stories and sharing what real people are doing to keep finding joy in everyday life. We also have a corresponding Facebook group.
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2020 WAFB. All rights reserved.