LOUISIANA (WAFB) - This is your one-stop-shop guide to everything you need to know about the impact of COVID-19. Categories are listed alphabetically. If you have questions, Louisiana has a statewide call network. Please call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211. If you are stressed out and need help from a free, confidential crisis counselor text REACHOUT to 741741.
As of Thursday, June 17, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 476,467 total cases - 335 new cases
- 10,660 total deaths - 7 new deaths
- 284 patients in hospitals
- 42 patients on ventilators
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
- 628 vaccine providers in all 64 parishes will receive COVID vaccine this week
- Vaccines open to all Mississippians Tuesday
- Biden to mark COVID-19 anniversary with speech mourning loss, offering hope
- COVID or allergies? Knowing the difference and when you should get tested
- What’s inside the $1.9T COVID-19 bill passed by Congress
- Register for Moderna vaccine offered in parking lot next to Prevost Memorial Hospital, 301 Memorial Dr., Donaldsonville on Tues., March 16, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Drive-thru COVID-19 vaccine clinic opens in BR Mid-City - Call (225) 655-6422 for appointment
- Fully vaccinated people can gather without masks, CDC says
- Pharmacists step up in vaccination effort
LOUISIANA VACCINE INFORMATION (Updated on Mondays and Thursdays)
As of Thursday, June 17:
Current phase of distribution: everyone 12 and older
Vaccine Series Initiated - 1,715,067
Total Doses Administered - 3,148,810
Providers Enrolled - 2,369
Completed Vaccine Series - 1,550,317
Vaccine Doses Administered since previous update - 29,098
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
The Louisiana Department of Health is reporting the following MIS-C cases, as of 06/17/2021:
Confirmed Cases: 151
Age Range: 0-20
Median Age: 8
Gender: Female 56 (37%) | Male 95 (63%)
Clinical Status: Hospitalized 1 (0.7%) Discharged 144 (95.3%) | Died 6 (4.0%)
Race: Asian 3 (2.0%) Black 76 (50.3%) Other 17 (11.3%) White 55 (36.4%) Unknown 0
Ethnicity: Hispanic 29 (19.2%) Non-Hispanic 122 (80%)
If all of this is a bit overwhelming and you need to lighten your mood, head on over to our section called Reason to Smile. We’re posting uplifting stories and sharing what real people are doing to keep finding joy in everyday life. We also have a corresponding Facebook group.
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2020 WAFB. All rights reserved.