Halloween 2023: Trick-or-treat dates and times for parishes, plus other events
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - It’s October which means “spooky season” is officially underway in south Louisiana. We’ve created a list of all of the dates, times, and places, to go trick-or-treating, in addition to Halloween events taking place in the area. If you would like to add an event to our list, email us at email@example.com.
Trick-or-Treat times (if issued by city/parish):
- East Baton Rouge Parish: Tuesday, October 31; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- West Baton Rouge Parish: Tuesday, October 31; 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Livingston Parish: Tuesday, October 31; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tangipahoa Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Ascension Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Assumption Parish: Oct. 31; 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Iberville Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- West Feliciana Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m
- Pointe Coupee Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the areas outside of the municipalities of New Roads, Morganza, Livonia, and Fordoche.
- Village of Morganza (Pointe Coupee Parish): Tuesday, Oct. 31; 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- St. Helena Parish: Tuesday, Oct. 31; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips:
1. Plan Your Route: Before heading out for trick-or-treating, plan your route in advance. Stick to well-lit areas and neighborhoods you’re familiar with. Let someone know where you’ll be and roughly how long you’ll be gone.
2. Stay Visible: Wear reflective or bright-colored costumes, or add reflective tape to your child’s outfit and their treat bag. Carry a flashlight or glow sticks to make sure you’re visible to drivers.
3. Inspect Candy: When you return home, inspect all the Halloween treats. Discard any unwrapped or suspicious-looking items. If your child has food allergies, be especially vigilant and check labels for allergens.
4. Stay on Sidewalks: Remind children to always walk on sidewalks and be cautious crossing roads. Avoid cutting across yards or streets in the dark.
5. Use the Buddy System: Whenever possible, travel in a group with a trusted adult. The buddy system provides safety and is more fun when trick-or-treating.
East Baton Rouge Parish
Monday, Oct. 30
- BRPD’s Boo with the Blue Trunk or Treat and Haunted House: The Baton Rouge Police Department presents a free and safe Halloween experience. It will take place on Monday, Oct. 30 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at BRPD Headquarters. The address is 9000 Airline Highway.
- Third Annual Trunk or Treat hosted by the City of Zachary: Stop by the Zachary Youth Park at 1650 Mount Pleasant Road from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Kids will go from trunk to trunk trick-or-treating. There will be a costume contest, and a giant, inflatable maze for children to walk through.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Market Trick-or-Treating and Halloween Costume Contest: Join the Red Stick Farmers Market for a spooktacular Halloween experience as it hosts a market-wide trick-or-treating extravaganza. Children and families are encouraged to come dressed in their Halloween best for a chance to win fantastic prizes in the Halloween costume contest. To officially enter the costume contest, participants must register at the BREADA booth between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. The winners will be announced at 5:15 p.m.
- EBRSO Trick-or-treat with deputies: The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office is inviting the community out for a family-friendly event on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at BREC’s Ben Burge Park. The address is 9350 Antigua Drive in Baton Rouge.
- Thriller on Hollywood Street: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 3445 Hollywood Street
- Blocktoberfest Trunk-or-Treat and Block Party: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. near the Monticello Blvd. median
- District 7 Trunk-or-Treat: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 4000 Gus Young Avenue. Join Mayor Pro Tempore LaMont Cole, the MLK Community Center, the Baton Rouge Police Department, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, and Perfect Ten Productions for the District 7 Trunk or Treat event. The evening will filled with vendors, games, food, and fun. Come dressed in your best costume.
- Louisiana Leadership Institute Drive-Thru Candy Giveaway: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 5763 Hooper Road
Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Boo & the Badge 2023: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s WAG Center. The address is 1201 Maginnis Street in Donaldsonville, La.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Bubba Harris Trunk or Treat at South Park: The annual Halloween event will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31 at South Park on Vincent Road in Denham Springs. There will be hot dogs and drinks, as well as people handing out candy.
Tuesday, Oct. 31
- Trunk of Treat & Night Out Against Crime: Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office and Crime Stoppers are hosting their 5th annual Trunk or Treat and Night Out Against Crime event on Halloween night. The event is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31, at Hammond Westside Montessori, located at 2600 PFC Matthew E. Wildes Street in Hammond. There will be candy, a haunted house, games, safety information, and a DJ.
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2023 WAFB. All rights reserved.