EASTER 2023: Events and giveaways happening in the Capital Area
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - There are plenty of family-friendly events happening in Baton Rouge and surrounding areas in observance of the Easter holiday weekend. Take a list of some of them below:
On Friday, April 7, LifeShare Blood Center will be giving away free turkey or ham vouchers to everyone who donates on Good Friday. The center says vouchers can be used at all major grocery stores including Walmart, Albertson’s, and Rouses. Vouchers will be made available at LifeShare Blood Centers and are valid for any fresh, frozen, canned or other variety of ham or turkey up to a $15 purchase. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- On Friday, April 7, in Iberville Parish, the 2nd Annual Good Friday Senior Citizen Fish Fry will begin at 11:30 a.m. It’s happening at True Hope Missionary Baptist Church.
- On Saturday, April 8, there will be a Community Easter Egg Hunt from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at East Brookstown Park. The address is 4900 E. Brookstown Drive.
- On Saturday, April 8, starting at 2 p.m., the 4th annual Prayer in the Park will take place at Baker Park. The address is 3325 Groom Road. The free event will have food, music, and fun.
- On Sunday, April 9, St. Vincent de Paul will serve a hot Easter Sunday meal. The sit-down dinner will be served beginning at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will take place in the St. Vincent de Paul dining room. The address is 220 St. Vincent de Paul Place.
- On Wednesday, April 12, the Spring Break EGG-Stravanganza will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Hartley Vey Park. The address is 1702 Gardere Lane.
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2022 WAFB. All rights reserved.