Sandbags available ahead of another possible round of heavy rains
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - With more downpours possible on Thursday, Feb. 2, just days after some areas received several inches of rain, officials are making sandbags available in some areas.
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH:
Sand and sandbags are available at the following eight (8) BREC locations and residents must bring their own shovels to fill sandbags. To view sand locations near you visit: https://gis.brla.gov/emergency
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
For the latest emergency information in East Baton Rouge Parish, visit brla.gov/emergency.
Officials said sandbags will be available at fire stations. Those in need of sandbags should visit the fire station closest to where they live. Officials added you need to bring your own shovel.
WEST BATON ROUGE PARISH:
Due to the increased possibility of heavy rainfall in certain areas, sandbag locations are open. Sand and bags are now available at the following locations (BRING YOUR OWN SHOVEL):
William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave., Port Allen
Rivault Park, 900 South Jefferson Ave., Port Allen
Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St., Brusly
Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd., Port Allen
Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd., Addis
South Winterville Water Tower
Lobdell Fire Station, 2937 Lafiton Ln., Port Allen
Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy 1, Addis
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2022 WAFB. All rights reserved.