Electric panel malfunction cause of church fire in Hammond area
Firefighters put out the blaze early Wednesday morning
Published: Jan. 4, 2023 at 6:51 AM CST
PUMPKIN CENTER (WVUE) - Firefighters put out a blaze at a church early Wednesday (Jan. 4) morning in the Pumpkin Center area west of Hammond.
Sometime after 3 a.m. responders were on the scene at Trinity Church off of Pumpkin Center Road where they found a fire in the rear of the building.
“The cause was a malfunction in the electrical panel,” said Hammond Fire Chief Daniel Folks. “Unsure if it was due to bad weather or not.”
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control and no injuries were reported.
See a spelling or grammar error in our story? Click Here to report it. Please include the headline.
Copyright 2023 WVUE. All rights reserved.