Advertisement

Accidental townhome fire on Aubin Lane started by grill

An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.
An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.(Baton Rouge Fire Department)
Published: Jun. 23, 2022 at 4:49 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.

The fire started around 10 p.m. in the 2400 block of Aubin Lane, just off of I-12 and Cedarcrest Avenue Wednesday, June 22.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find flames coming from the detached carport of the townhome.

An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.
An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.(Baton Rouge Fire Department)

They made their way into the yard and were able to stop the fire before it could spread to the home.

A resident arrived on scene and stated that they were cooking on a grill and had to leave.

An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.
An accidental fire at a townhome in Baton Rouge was started by a grill, fire officials reported.(Baton Rouge Fire Department)

Fire investigators determined that the grill being to close to combustible materials started the fire.

Click here to report a typo.

Copyright 2022 WAFB. All rights reserved.