Livingston Parish Council unanimously passes ordinance creating new safety rules on Amite River
LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (WAFB) - The Livingston Parish Council has unanimously passed an ordinance to create new safety rules on the Amite River.
“I think it’s a move in the right direction,” said Garry Talbert, Livingston Parish Council chairman. “I hope that this ordinance makes the 2022 spring and summer on the Amite River a lot safer.”
The new ordinance adds the following requirements:
- Provide video to people before they go tubing
- Life jackets mandatory
- Signs that show starting and stopping points, potentially dangerous areas, areas deeper than four feet
- Mile marker indicators to let tubers know where they are
- Livingston Parish ordinance committee meets to finetune new safety rules along the Amite River
- Livingston Parish president drafting ordinance to set ground rules for Tiki Tubing
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.