Sandbag locations ahead of Tropical Storm Nicholas
(WAFB) - With the potential of heavy rainfall and potential flooding from Tropical Storm Nicholas some parishes in the Baton Rouge viewing area have sand and sandbags available for those who are need of them.
Below is a list of the locations in each parish that has sand and sandbags available. This story will be updated once more parishes announce locations.
EAST BATON ROUGE:
The City-Parish, in coordination with BREC Parks and Recreation, has pre-positioned sand and sandbags at multiple locations across the parish.
Sand and Sandbag Sites:
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
Residents should bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags. To view sand locations near you visit: https://gis.brla.gov/emergency
WEST BATON ROUGE:
Sand and bags are now available at the following locations: BRING YOUR OWN SHOVEL
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave. Port Allen
- Rivault Park, 900 South Jefferson Ave. Port Allen
- Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St. Brusly,
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd, Port Allen,
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd, Addis
- South Winterville Water Tower
- Lobdell Fire Station, 2937 Lafiton Ln, Port Allen
- Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy 1, Addis
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.