EXCLUSIVE: New LSU baseball head coach Jay Johnson grants 1-on-1 interview
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - New LSU head coach Jay Johnson said he always works to eliminate distractions and drama from his program.
One way he could do that is through veteran leadership on his team.
In an exclusive, one-on-one sit-down interview, Johnson talked about a few Tigers who had the opportunity to move on to the next level of competition but have chosen to play another season at Alex Box Stadium.
He also spoke of the All-American who decided to follow him from Tucson to Baton Rouge.
Johnson was officially introduced as the new head coach on June 28.
- Pair of LSU outfielders announce return for next season
- LSU’s Devin Fontenot announces return for final season
- Senior Ma’Khail Hilliard returning for fifth season
- LSU hires Jason Kelly as pitching coach
- REPORT: Tigers add third transfer player, pitcher Eric Reyzelman
- REPORT: LSU lands Samford catcher, Slidell native Tyler McMancus
- REPORT: DBU’s Dan Fitzgerald to join Jay Johnson at LSU
- LSU adds Arizona All-American Jacob Berry
- Jay Johnson holds first news conference as head coach of LSU baseball
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.