REPORT: Former LSU TE Arik Gilbert now transferring to Georgia
ATHENS, Ga. (WAFB) - Former LSU tight end Arik Gilbert has now decided to remain in the SEC and stay close to home by transferring to Georgia, according to a report by Rusty Mansell with 247Sports.
The sophomore from Marietta, Ga. was a top five prospect coming out of high school.
After entering the NCAA Transfer Portal, Gilbert briefly committed to Florida before re-entering the portal.
During his freshman season in Baton Rouge, he had 35 catches for 368 yards and two touchdowns in eight games.
- Former LSU TE Arik Gilbert back in transfer portal
- Orgeron: LSU All-SEC Freshman TE Arik Gilbert has officially entered transfer portal
- LSU TE Arik Gilbert opts out of 2020 season, Orgeron says
- Former LSU players react to Orgeron saying Arik Gilbert’s ‘body is hurting’
- REPORT: LSU TE Arik Gilbert is ‘homesick,’ considering leaving Tigers
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.