LSP releases all body cam videos on Ronald Greene case
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - The Louisiana State Police held a press conference on Friday, May 21 about the Ronald Greene case.
According to Lamar Davis from LSP all the body cam videos will be released to the public. The videos will be released on the LSP Youtube page.
Video Links can be obtained from the LSP YouTube page using the following link:
· Lt. Clary Body Worn Camera
o Video 1: https://youtu.be/U2gebKPPQnI
o Video 2: https://youtu.be/KpY-m3K8Gdw
o Video 3: https://youtu.be/XPnLOal71UI
· Lt. Clary In-car Camera: https://youtu.be/icFO2qvjE0s
· Trooper Hollingsworth Body Worn Camera
o Video 1: https://youtu.be/zzbF1yElnto
o Video 2: https://youtu.be/_YAgTZrp9cY
· Trooper York Body-Worn Camera: https://youtu.be/ZbPWcB9bkr8
· Trooper York In-Car Camera: https://youtu.be/ndfEElygshc
· Trooper DeMoss Body-Worn Camera: https://youtu.be/BexYcAwQx70
During the press conference, Davis continued to stress how he was working hard to show transparency about the case when the time was right.
He stressed that misconduct of any form would not be tolerated with the department.
Trooper Hollingsworth sustained on the below violations with final disciplinary decision of Termination
1.Body-Worn Camera and In-Car Camera Systems
2.Use of Force
4.Conduct Unbecoming an Officer
Prior to Termination, Hollingsworth succumbs to injuries sustained in a motor vehicle crash.
Trooper DeMoss sustained on the below violations and received a Letter of Counseling and Letter of Reprimand:
2.Body Worn Camera/In-Car Camera Systems
Trooper DeMoss has been notified of the Department’s intent to terminate and remains on leave pending the conclusion of disciplinary proceedings related to a separate excessive use of force investigation. These actions are in compliance with the rules of the State Police Commission.
Trooper York sustained the below violations and received a 50-hour suspension:
1. Treatment of Prisoners in Custody
2. Body Worn Camera/In-Car Camera System Activation
Trooper York served his suspension and returned to active duty pending the outcome of the review by federal and state authorities.
Governor John Bel Edwards released the following statement via his Twitter account:
Ronald Greene In-Custody Death Investigative Timeline:
05/10/19 - 0045 Troop F Commander notified of Troop F pursuit/confrontation with Greene
· 05/10/19 - 0122 Troop F Commander notified of Greene’s passing, responds along with Bureau of Investigations (BOI)
· 05/10/19 - 0241 BOI Commander confirms that LSP Criminal Investigations Division Monroe Field Office (CID-Monroe) is enroute to investigate
· 05/10/19 - 0544 Troop F Commander posts Command Duty Journal entry
· 05/10/19 - KNOE, KTVE, Monroe News Star post stories citing LSP as source noting pursuit, struggle, and death
· 05/10/19 - CID-Monroe immediately commences investigation
· 08/20/19 - CID-Monroe submits case to the Lincoln Parish DA
· 09/09/19 - CID-Monroe follows up with DA, nothing further needed
· 02/20/20 - CID-Monroe provides case file to DOJ/FBI
· August of 2020 - Lincoln DA finishes LSP case review; however, he reserves right to revisit pending DOJ review therefore case remains open
· 08/25/20 - Appointing Authority directs Internal Affairs to begin Admin Investigation into Use of Force
Click here to report a typo.
Copyright 2021 WAFB. All rights reserved.