BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - Several schools will be dismissing early on Wednesday, March 17, due to potentially severe weather that could impact the Baton Rouge area.
- All Parish offices will close at 3:30 p.m. today to allow employees time to get home safely before the inclement weather that is expected later this afternoon. All Parish meetings after 3:30 pm, including the Council Utilities Committee meeting scheduled for 6:00 pm today, also will be cancelled.
- Ascension Public Schools will have a one-hour early dismissal today, Wednesday, March 17, 2021, due to the threat of severe weather in our area. Middle and high schools will dismiss at 1:30 p.m. and primary schools will dismiss at 2:30 p.m. All district offices will close by 3:30 p.m. Please note, this does not impact Dutchtown High School’s previously scheduled early release at 12:55 p.m.
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH:
- Baton Rouge International School students will be dismissed at 1 p.m. today. All after-school enrichment activities and athletic events will be postponed.
- The East Baton Rouge Parish School System will begin early dismissal at 11:30 a.m. for middle and high school students and 12:45 p.m. for elementary students.
- Hosanna Christian Academy will close at 11:30 a.m.
- Impact Charter School will dismiss early today at 12:30 p.m.
- Zachary Schools - Zachary High School and Zachary Middle School will be dismissing at 11:15 a.m. CMES and ZES will be dismissing at 12:10 p.m. RPES at 1:10 p.m. NES and ZELC will dismiss at 1:25 p.m.
- Early dismissal will begin at 1 p.m. for White Castle High School, MSA West High School, Crescent, North Iberville, Iberville STEM, MSA East, Plaquemine High School, and Iberville Alternative Positive Program for Students.
- 2 p.m. dismissal includes Dorseyville, MSAWest Elementary, Iberville Elementary, and East Iberville.
- Iberville Charter Academy will dismiss at 1 pm today, Wednesday, March 17th due to the potential of severe weather.
WEST BATON PARISH:
- Due to the expectation of dangerous weather conditions this afternoon, all West Baton Rouge Parish Government offices will be closed beginning at 3:00 PM. Offices will reopen and continue normal hours of operation tomorrow, March 18, 2021.
WEST FELICIANA PARISH:
- West Feliciana Schools, along with Bains/BLE will be dismissing at 1 p.m.
LSU is canceling all on-campus classes and activities scheduled for 4:30 pm or later, today, March 17, due to the forecast of severe weather for this evening.
Southern University Baton Rouge, SU Agricultural Research and Extension Center, and SU Law Center will move to virtual operations and classes starting at 1 p.m. Normal operations will resume Thursday.
All Baton Rouge Community College Sites will close at 1 p.m. today. All classes and activities are cancelled. The eight BRCC locations that will close include the following: Mid City Campus, Acadian Campus, Ardendale Campus, Frazier Campus, Port Allen Campus, New Roads Campus, and Jackson Campus.
River Parishes Community College also announced early closure and class cancellations starting at 2 p.m.
Click here to report a typo.