METAIRIE, La. (WAFB) - The New Orleans Saints have placed running back Alvin Kamara on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, the team confirmed Friday, Jan. 1. He will miss Sunday’s game against the Panthers in Charlotte, N.C., and the first playoff game is in question.
On Saturday, Jan. 2 NFL Fox Insider Jay Glazer reported that all active running backs on the Saints roster will be out Sunday against the Panthers due to close contact with Kamara. Ty Montgomery is being moved to running back and the Saints are calling up a practice squad running back. CLICK HERE for all roster moves.
Reports first surfaced Friday afternoon that Kamara had tested positive for COVID-19 and was awaiting the results of a second test.
It was then reported that Kamara does, in fact, have COVID.
This season, Kamara has 932 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns to go with 83 catches for 756 yards and another five touchdowns.
The Saints are trying to earn the No. 1 overall seed in the NFC and become the first team to go undefeated against the NFC South (6-0) since the division was formed in 2002.
- Alvin Kamara fined $5,000 for red and green cleats in Vikings game
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson goes to Reserve/Covid 19 list
- Saints RB Alvin Kamara named NFC Offensive Player of the Week
- ‘I’m pleased with the progress’ - Brees talks about Saints’ offense heading into regular season finale, playoffs
- Kamara ties NFL record with 6 rushing TDs in Saints’ 52-33 win over Vikings
Tight end Josh Hill and safety Marcus Williams are also out for the game against the Panthers due to injury. The Saints listed six other players on the injury report Friday. CLICK HERE for more.
Saints nickel cornerback C.J. Gardner-Johnson was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list earlier in the week.
Click here to report a typo.