BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - LSU head coach Will Wade is preparing for the upcoming season, in part, by reflecting on last year.
Wade was very honest on his Zoom call about the open dialogue that took place this offseason between him, his staff, and team leaders Javonte Smart, Trendon Watford, and Darius Days.
“I did a poor job,” said Wade. “I know that sounds crazy. We came in second place or whatnot but we had gotten off track and it’s very difficult to get back and because of those guys and their honesty and forthrightness, they had some guts to come up to me and say, ‘Coach, this ain’t right. You said this in recruiting and this hadn’t gone how we need it to go.’ And they were right. We’ve got this stuff fixed and this is why we’re poised to really, really take off.”
Wade explained he’ll handle discipline on the court, while his players will police their own conduct off the court.
- Former LSU G Skylar Mays selected by Atlanta Hawks in second round of 2020 NBA Draft
- LSU’s Smart, Watford named to preseason 2021 First-Team All-SEC
- Shareef O’Neal granted waiver; immediately eligible to play for LSU
- LSU basketball releases full 2020-2021 schedule
- LSU basketball inks 3 players for fall signing period
The Tigers will tipoff Wednesday in Nebraska against San Franciso.
Click here to report a typo.