BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Wednesday, Oct. 28, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 181,443 total cases - 503 new cases
- 5,676 total deaths - 10 new deaths
- 613 patients in hospitals - increase of 13 patients
- 80 patients on ventilators - decrease of 11 patients
- 168,634 patients recovered - increase of 3,352
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Oct. 21 and Oct. 27.
- 98% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 2% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 35% of these cases.
- 19% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Tuesday, Oct. 27, LDH says 14,478 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,734,022.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.