BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Sunday, October 18, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 175,781 total cases - 1,125 new cases
- 5,550 total deaths - 23 new deaths
- 550 patients in hospitals - decrease of 7 patients
- 60 patients on ventilators - no change
- 161,792 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Oct. 10 and Oct. 17.
- 96% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 4% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings.
- People aged 29 and under represent 32% of these cases.
- 19% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Friday, Oct. 16, LDH says 26,946 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,589,510.
Click here to report a typo.