BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Friday, October 16, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 174,638 total cases - 863 new cases
- 5,527 total deaths - 20 new deaths
- 557 patients in hospitals - decrease of 9 patients
- 60 patients on ventilators - decrease of 1 patient
- 161,792 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Click here to report a typo.