LOUISIANA (WVUE) - Evacuation information ahead of Hurricane Delta.
The following parishes are under MANDATORY evacuations:
- Jefferson Davis
The following parishes are under VOLUNTARY evacuations:
- St. Martin
- St. Mary
See specific details below.
Mayor David Camardelle has called a voluntary evacuation effective as of 11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7. A mandatory evacuation will be in effect as of 6 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. A curfew will be in effect beginning 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8.
Due to the uncertainty of Delta’s track and magnitude, port tenants and users should be alert for updates and prepared for things to change or progress quickly.
Please begin securing or moving equipment out of port and determine the intentions and/or special needs of all vessels and personnel at your facilities in the port.
POSSIBLE IMPACTS IN THE PORT FOURCHON AREA:
- TIDES/STORM SURGE: Elevated tides could affect portions of the area as early as Thursday.
- WINDS: Sustained tropical storm-force winds could arrive at the coast as early as Thursday night but most likely on Friday.
- ROADWAYS: Roads are open to vehicular traffic with no anticipated closures today. Coastal flooding is a concern as always on Hwy 1 between Leon Theriot Flood Gates in Golden Meadow and Elevated Hwy 1 in Leeville.
GLPC is opening the Emergency Storm Harbor Marina at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 7 to commercial fishing vessels seeking safe harbor within the South Lafourche Levee System. Utilization of this marina will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Harbor Police will be on scene to monitor marina activity.
Jefferson Parish issued a voluntary evacuation for Lafitte, Barataria, and Crown Point beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7.
Parish President Gordon Dove and Terrebonne Parish Sheriff Tim Soignet are calling for a mandatory evacuation of Zone 1 of Terrebonne Parish, which goes into effect at 3 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 8.
Zone one includes the following areas:
- All areas south of the Pointe-aux-Chenes Floodgate
- All areas south of the Bayou Terrebonne Floodgate in Lower Montegut
- All of Isle de Jean Charles
- All areas south of the Bayou Petit Caillou Floodgate including Cocodrie
- All areas south of the Morganza to the Gulf levee road ramp on Four Point Road in Lower Dulac
- All areas south of the Lower Dularge Floodgate
Copyright 2020 WVUE. All rights reserved.