BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Sunday, Oct. 4, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 168,294 total cases - 878 new cases
- 5,387 total deaths - 32 new deaths
- 518 patients in hospitals - decrease of 18 patients
- 68 patients on ventilators - decrease of 6 patients
- 154,163 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Sept. 26 and Oct. 3.
- 88% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- People aged 29 and under represent 35% of these cases.
- 19% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Friday, Oct. 2, LDH says 26,221 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,382,245.
Click here to report a typo.