BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Thursday, Oct. 1, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 166,584 total cases - 608 new cases
- 5,329 total deaths - 8 new deaths
- 534 patients in hospitals - decrease of 19 patients
- 75 patients on ventilators - decrease of 4 patients
- 154,163 patients recovered - no change
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Sept. 23 and Sept. 30.
- 96% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- People aged 29 and under represent 35% of these cases.
- 20% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Wednesday, Sept. 30, LDH says 16,141 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,333,320.
Governor John Bel Edwards said during a news conference Louisiana would move to Phase 3 beginning Friday, Sept. 11 but the statewide mask mandate would remain in place.
Click here to report a typo.