BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WAFB) - LSU has been picked by sports journalists to finish second in the SEC West and tied for second in the league.
The Tigers received seven first-place votes to be the SEC champion.
CLICK HERE for more.
The Alabama Crimson Tide has been chosen to win the SEC West and SEC Championship. Nick Saban’s team received 77 first-place votes to take the conference title.
Florida is picked to win the SEC East.
EYE ON THE TIGERS: LSU faces unique challenges this season
- ONE TEAM, ONE CHANNEL: LSU starts defending 2019 national title on WAFB-TV
- THE 25%: Reduced capacity fans will have to do the work of 100,000 to uphold Death Valley’s reputation
- LSU remains No. 6 and Louisiana-Lafayette still No. 19 in AP Top 25 Poll; big changes in Coaches Poll
- ‘60 Minutes’ profile on LSU head coach Ed Orgeron airs on WAFB-TV
- LSU holds news conference on COVID-19, football gameday procedures
- LSU announces changes for student tickets for this football season
- LSU football season will open at 25% capacity in Tiger Stadium; no tailgating allowed during 2020 season
- LSU faces Miss. St. for season-opener; full schedule released
- WAFB-TV will televise 3 LSU football games during 2020 season, including season opener
It should be noted that in the last 28 years, the preseason media poll has only been right seven times in predicting the SEC champion.
LSU will start its season hosting Mississippi State on Saturday, Sept. 26. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on CBS.
Click here to report a typo.