BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - As of Sunday, September 20, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 161,219 total cases - 928 new cases
- 5,198 total deaths - 26 new deaths
- 596 patients in hospitals - decrease of 51 patients
- 100 patients on ventilators - decrease of 4 patients
- 145,570 patients recovered - no change
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between September 12 and September 19.
- 91% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- People aged 29 and under represent 40% of these cases. 28% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Sept. 18, LDH says 32,013 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,177,960.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Governor John Bel Edwards said during a news conference Louisiana would move to Phase 3 beginning Friday, Sept. 11 but the statewide mask mandate would remain in place.
Click here to report a typo.