BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - Governor John Bel Edwards is encouraging residents of parishes affected by Hurricane Laura to preregister for DSNAP benefits, also known as disaster food stamps.
The governor says DSNAP benefits would be activated on Sept. 10, but preregistering for the benefits would “speed up” the process for residents in need.
- Hurricane Laura survivors: apply for disaster aid
- ONE-STOP-SHOP: Stats, links related to COVID-19
- State of La. launches website for updates on Hurricane Laura recovery efforts
- Parishes impacted by Hurricane Laura can now register for FEMA aid
- La. State Licensing Board of Contractors issues warning about fraud after Hurricane Laura
- Residents, businesses in 6 parishes affected by Hurricane Laura eligible for disaster unemployment assistance
He says residents who have received DSNAP benefits would still need to preregister.
Those who regularly receive SNAP benefits do not need to register for DSNAP benefits.
You can register for DSNAP benefits by clicking here.
Click here to report a typo.