BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - With Cristobal likely headed towards Louisiana, sandbags are now available to residents at the following locations.
*Note: This list is organized alphabetically by parish and will be updated as information is received.
More than 40,000 pre-filled sandbags will be available at the following locations:
- Prairieville Fire Department, 14517 LA 73, Prairieville
- 5th Ward Fire Department, 39110 LA 22, Darrow
- 7th District Fire Department Station 71, 13432 Roddy Rd., Gonzales
- Butch Gore Memorial Park, 14550 Harry Savoy Rd., St. Amant
- Ascension Parish Fire Protection District No. 1, 13192 Airline Hwy.., Gonzales
- Stevens Park, 4323 Cannon Rd., Gonzales
- Donaldsonville - DPW West, 725 Church St., Donaldsonville
- Jackie Robinson Memorial Park, 35638 Coco Rd., Geismar
The Department of Public Works will also have loose sand and bags at the following locations (residents need to bring their own shovels):
- Galvez Lake Fire Department on Joe Sevario Road
- Raymond Tullier Road in Sorrento
- Ridge Road at Kleinpeter Road in Dutchtown
- Buxton Subdivision in St. Amant
- Lake Martin Road at Highway 431
- Prairieville Primary School, 40228 Parker Rd., Prairieville
Additional sandbag sites have been added in the Donaldsonville/West Bank area:
- St. Jude subdivision
- Township Road, Brusly
- Modest Park
- Lemannville Park
- Abend Park
- Palo Alto Fire Department
SORRENTO (bring your own shovel)
- Raymond Tullier Road
- Dead end of Oak Street
- Dead end of Robert Street next to Sorrento Lions Club building
- Dead end of Kaytain Crossing, behind Dollar General
- Old Sorrento Vol Fire Dept., 8096 Main St.
- Filled sandbags are available at the Ag Center (119 Robin St., Napoleonville) while supplies last. Be prepared to load your own truck/trailer without assistance at this site. To avoid any type of traffic congestion and in adherence to promoting social distancing guidelines, once you enter Robin Street from LA 308, drive through the back of the open air pavilion to the right (where the sandbags are located). Once loaded, you can easily exit out of the pavilion onto Robin Street.
Residents should bring their own shovel to fill bags.
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Hwy..
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Rd.
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac St.
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Rd.
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Rd.
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Ln.
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Rd.
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss St.
Please limit quantity to 10 bags per person/vehicle.
Beginning June 4 (this location will be accessible Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; bring your own shovel)
- City Hall 3325 Groom Rd.
Beginning June 5 at 10 a.m.
- City of Baker Department of Public Works, 1507 Mississippi St. (residents must remain inside of their vehicles at all times, provide their driver’s license showing Baker residency, and there is a limit of 10 bags per vehicle)
For more information regarding Baker sandbag locations, call the Department of Public Works directly at 225-775-5584. Residents getting sandbags are asked to wear masks.
- Site opens starting at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 6
- Zachary Youth Park, 1650 Mt. Pleasant Rd. (in the northeast corner of the front parking lot)
- Site is only open to Zachary residents
- 3 bags per exterior door, per household, with a maximum of 10 bags per household
- Bring your own shovel to fill bags
- White Castle Volunteer Fire Department, 57660 Hwy. 404
- Old Bayou Pigeon Fire Department, 38305 Hwy. 75
- Bayou Sorrel Fire Department, 35575 Hwy. 75
- Council on Aging Maringouin, 77315 Wheelock Ln.
- East Iberville Fire Department, 2075 Hwy. 30 (St. Gabriel)
- Old Seymourville School, 58405 Barrow St.
- Iberville Parish DPW, 59805 Bayou Rd. (Plaquemine)
Sand and sandbag locations
- Fire District 1 – Station #1 29778 South Montpelier Ave., Albany
- Fire District 2 – Station #1 (Springfield Main) 32280 Terry St., Springfield
- Fire District 2 – Station #2 (Killian) 31447 Hwy.. 22, Springfield
- Fire District 2 – Station #3(Lizard Creek) Hwy.. 1037, Springfield
- Fire District 2 – Station #5 (Hutchinson) 25389 Hutchinson Rd. Springfield
- Fire District 3 – Station #1 930 Government St. Denham Springs
- Fire District 3 – 257 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs – behind James Drug Store
- Fire District 4 – Station #1 29758 South Palmetto Dr. Walker
- Fire District 4 – Station #3 34893 Hwy.. 1019 Watson
- Fire District 4 – Station #5 18525 Clio St., Port Vincent
- Fire District 4 – Station #9 9100 Hillion Hood Rd., Denham Springs
- Fire District 5 – Station #1 8098 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs
- Fire District 5 - Station #3 25500 Hwy. 16, Denham Springs
- Fire District 6 – Station #1 20550 Circle Dr. (Behind Town Hall), Livingston
- Fire District 7 – Station #1 19784 Hwy. 42, Livingston
- Fire District 7 – Station #2 19354 Perilloux Rd., Livingston
- Fire District 8 – Station #1 15160 Hwy. 16, French Settlement
- Fire District 9 – Station #1 23634 Hwy. 22, Maurepas
- Fire District 9 – Station #2 20368 Hwy. 22 (Head of Island), Maurepas
- Fire District 10 – Station #1 30928 Hwy. 441, Holden
- Fire District 11 – Station #1 33815 Hwy. 43, Independence
- Fire District 11 - Station #2 31470 Horseshoe Rd. N, Independence
- Tangipahoa Parish Government’s Public Works office, 44512 W Pleasant Ridge Rd. east of Hammond (open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday)
- Roseland Public Works shop, 63101 Commercial St. in Roseland (open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday)
- Crews will distribute up to 15 sandbags per household and 30 per business
SELF-SERVICE SITES (bring your own shovel)
- 8th Ward Fire Department on LA 445
- 8th Ward Fire Station on LA 22, Bedico
- Ponchatoula East Station 4 at the corner of Sandhill Cemetery Road and LA 22
- Ponchatoula West Station 3 on the corner of Morgan Drive and LA 22
- Husser Fire Station on LA 445
- Kentwood Volunteer Fire Station on LA 38 E
Residents should bring their own shovel to fill bags.
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave., Port Allen
- Rivault Park, 900 S Jefferson Ave., Port Allen
- Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St., Brusly
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd., Port Allen
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd., Addis
- South Winterville Water Tower
- Lobdell Fire Station
- Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy.. 1, Addis
Click here to report a typo.