This website is a portal provided by the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) to provide critical information that will help you and your family before and after a storm.
FOR EMERGENCIES, call 911 in all areas. FOR NON-EMERGENCY INFORMATION AND REFERRALS, CALL 211.
GOHSEP - 225-925-7500
National Weather Service Forecast Office
- (New Orleans/Baton Rouge) – 504-522-7330
- (Lake Charles) – 337-477-5285
Louisiana State Police - 225-925-6325 or *LSP from any cell phone
Louisiana Attorney General Hurricane Hotline - 1-800-351-4889
American Red Cross - 1-866-GET- INFO (1-866-438-4636)
State employees should be aware of the following phone numbers to call, which will be updated with information regarding office closures: 1-800-360-9660 or 225-342-0498.
ENTERGY - 1-800-368-3749 or to report power outages and emergencies, 1-800-968-8243
DEMCO - 225-261-1160 or 1-800-262-1160
- Citizen Service Center for info on the storm: 225-450-1200
- Road Closures: See Ascension Parish social media accounts (sheriff and/or OEP pages)
- AP Sheriff’s Office non-emergency calls: 225-621-8300
- Gonzales City Hall 225-647-2841 (can call city hall to deliver sandbags for ELDERLY or DISABLED people)
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
- For damage/downed lines: 311
- For general information: 411
- Baker Emergency Operations: 800-953-5933 (info on shelters, sandbags, blocked roadways, etc. will be partially activated at 6 a.m. on Sunday, June 7)
- Baker PD non-emergency: 225-775-6000
- Baker residents can text LABAKER UPDATES to 468311 to subscribe to local official notifications
- Constable’s Office: 225-278-7944 for anything
We will continue to add new information as it becomes available.