(WAFB) - If you didn’t file a tax return, you may need to click the link here to submit info through the IRS to get a stimulus check from the $2.2 trillion coronavirus rescue package.
Americans who filed taxes for 2018 or 2019 don’t need to do anything.
The IRS will automatically send the one-time, $1,200 payments using the provided information.
Payments for those folks begin the week of Monday, April 13, the IRS announced Friday, April 10.
The timeline for non-filers to receive check ranges from weeks to months.
Included are people who haven’t filed returns, authorized direct deposits, or received Social Security. Some will have to first file a tax return or register online in order to receive their payments.
OTHERS WHO SHOULD CLICK THE LINK HERE:
- Those who haven’t filed a 2018 or 2019 return because they are under the normal income limits for filing a tax return. This may include single filers who made under $12,200 and married couples making less than $24,400 in 2019.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients and those who receive veterans disability compensation, pension or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and who did not file a tax return for the 2018 or 2019 tax years.
- Social Security, Social Security Disability Insurance, and Railroad Retirement beneficiaries with qualifying dependents only if they have qualifying children under age 17 they want to claim to receive a $500 payment per child. Those without a child will receive payment automatically.
INFORMATION TO HAVE HANDY:
- Full name, current mailing address and an email address
- Date of birth and valid Social Security number
- Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
- For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
President Donald Trump signed the $2.2 trillion coronavirus rescue package into law Friday, March 27.
Folks who earn up to $75,000 in adjusted gross income and have a Social Security number are set to receive a $1,200 payment under the law.
Married couples who file joint returns will receive $2,400 if their adjusted gross income is under $150,000.
Parents will receive $500 for each qualifying child.
Individuals who earn more than $99,000, or $198,000 for joint filers, are not eligible.
If someone else claimed you on their tax return, you will not be eligible. This includes students.
Read more about coronavirus resources in Louisiana by clicking the link here.
Click here to report a typo.