BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - With the spread of COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus, some grocery stores in the Baton Rouge area are now offering special “seniors only” operating hours to allow those most at risk to shop while not around as many people.
- Walmart is offering special shopping hours for seniors from March 28 through April 28. The hour-long shopping event will happen every Tuesday for customers 60 and up. This will start one hour before the store opens. Pharmacies and vision centers will also be open at this time.
- Dollar General’s first hour of business will be open for senior citizens only. Additionally, all stores plan to close one hour earlier than current closing times.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, Oak Point Fresh Market is launching a dedicated shopping hour (7 to 8 a.m.) for seniors, who should come to the store unaccompanied. IDs will be checked upon entering the store. For other shoppers, the store will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hi Nabor Supermarkets will open for senior citizens only from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. All other business hours will be open to the public.
- Ralph’s Market’s two Gonzales locations (Highway 44 & LA 931 and at Pelican Point) is offering a free personal shopper for senior citizens from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Seniors can also order online by clicking here.
- Calandro’s Supermarket locations in Baton Rouge (Government Street and Perkins Road) are allowing seniors ages 60 and up, and individuals at higher risk for complication with Coronavirus to shop from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Stores will close at 6 p.m.
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH
Whole Foods Market, located at 7529 Corporate Blvd., invited customers 60 and older to shop for one hour before the store opens to the general public at 8 a.m.
The Fresh Market, located at 10555 Perkins Rd., has designated the time between 8 and 9 a.m. as a special shopping hour for seniors and those most at risk. Stores will continue to operate under normal business hours.
Super Target, located at 2001 Millerville Rd., will open for seniors only from 8 to 9 a.m. every Wednesday.
- Carter’s Supermarket’s first hour of business (7 to 8 a.m.) will be open daily for senior citizens only
Click here to report a typo.