BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - Public transportation in the Baton Rouge area has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The list below notes those changes. Information will be added as it’s received. Check back for updates.
- Effective Friday, March 20, CATS will run a modified schedule until further notice. Services will begin at their usual time. There will be no additional buses for peak service. The last buses will pick riders up at 9:30 p.m.
- Every other seat will be taped off in order to enforce social distancing
- Bus fares are waived until further notice
- All customers must enter and exit from the rear (side) door of the vehicle. This measure is to ensure the safety of CATS operators and customers while the threat of COVID-19 remains present.
- Effective through Friday, April 3, Route 46 - Gardere will not service L’Auberge Casino until further notice
The Customer Care Center has modified its hours to the following:
- CATS Terminal Customer Care window: Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.; CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
- CATS Customer Care Call Center: Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Click here to report a typo.