LOUISIANA (WAFB) - This is your one-stop-shop guide to everything you need to know about the impact of COVID-19. Categories are listed alphabetically. If you have questions, Louisiana has a statewide call network. Please call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211. If you are stressed out and need help from a free, confidential crisis counselor text REACHOUT to 741741.
As of Wednesday, September 23, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 162,645 total cases - 440 new cases
- 5,225 total deaths - 7 new deaths
- 592 patients in hospitals - increase of 21 patients
- 94 patients on ventilators - decrease of 2 patients
- 149,640 patients recovered - increase of 4,070 patients
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between September 15 and September 22.
- People aged 29 and under represent 33% of these cases.
- 25% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Tuesday, Sept. 22, LDH says 12,850 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 2,218,785.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
On Friday, Sept. 11 Governor John Bel Edwards announced guidelines for Phase 3.
RELATED: COVID-19 cases at La. nursing homes
- How to save money and stay safe during the pandemic with free pharmacy delivery
- What to think about before you lend money to a family member or friend
- Easing the COVID-19 financial strain: What to do about your mortgage payment
- How to navigate medical expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic
- A guide to surviving financially as the bills come due
- Your Baton Rouge bank may offer relief programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- BRAC launches marketplace for businesses to buy PPE
- Louisiana opens COVID-19 help desk for small businesses
- All Louisiana parishes eligible for COVID-19 business aid
- Small business owners can apply for payroll protection through CARES Act
- #StandForLocal: Helping to keep the local economy strong
- Mayor announces measures to help local businesses in EBR affected by pandemic
- BRAC offers guidance to small businesses navigating COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 cases at La. nursing homes
- Ignore these coronavirus myths
- LDH: Info on underlying health conditions of COVID-19 victims
- Why having diabetes may increase the risk for severe COVID-19 illness: LSU doctor explains
- Doctor warns vaping could increase risk of coronavirus in young population
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Virus is mostly mild and rarely fatal for US kids, data show
- Dermatologist: ‘COVID toes’ a potential symptom of the new coronavirus
- Allergies, flu, coronavirus: What your symptoms mean
- Doctors say pink eye a potential symptom of COVID-19
- Study: Children show fewer coronavirus symptoms than adults
- What older adults need to know about coronavirus
- Parents can report La. schools not following COVID-19 guidelines
- EBR Schools outline plans, options to keep your kids safe during the pandemic for 2020-2021 school year
- Ascension Public Schools Superintendent moves back start date, releases reopening plan for 2020-2021 school year
- Livingston Parish Schools announces reopening plan for 2020-2021 school year
- Parents of children with special needs face tough decisions on sending them to school during pandemic
- Louisiana law students suffer as bar exam is canceled due to COVID-19
- La. Dept. of Education provides resources to school systems to ensure strong start for every student
- There are still options for students to receive financial aid during COVID-19 crisis
- A new sustainable retail, food delivery service coming to downtown Baton Rouge and Mid City
- Use this website to search for EBR meal sites for kids
- Is takeout safe to eat during the coronavirus outbreak? Experts explain.
- Non-profit extends free meals for children to seven days a week
- Same day, no-contact grocery delivery available in Baton Rouge
- Grocery stores offering special ‘seniors only’ hours amid COVID-19 pandemic
- IRS warns of scams related to coronavirus
- Scammers could be targeting your stimulus check
- Distance yourself from coronavirus scams with an online tool from the BBB
- La. US attorney urges citizens to report suspected COVID-19 fraud
- Beware of phony COVID-19 testing sites, officials warn
- Contact tracers aren’t asking for cash, sending out links or robocalls
- NCAA establishes COVID-19 concern hotline
- Big 12 officially announces it is moving forward with fall football
- Pac-12 follows Big Ten in postponing fall football
- Big Ten officially announces postponement of fall football
- SEC releases medical protocols for fall sports
- LHSAA sends revised fall sports guidelines to coaches
- NFL, NFLPA reach agreement on COVID-19 adjustments
- NFL requires all fans to wear face coverings at 2020 games, officials announce
- SWAC postpones fall sports schedule until spring
- NCAA: Test all athletes for COVID-19 within 72 hours of game
- NFL announces training camp reporting dates
- NFL sets protocols for reopening of team facilities
- NFL moving London, Mexico City games back to US stadiums because of coronavirus
- NFL to begin season as scheduled in September
- Governor believes game days will look different for LSU football season
- Tokyo Olympics rescheduled for July 23-Aug. 8 in 2021
- NCAA to give spring sport athletes extra year of eligibility
- Baton Rouge Catholic elementary, middle school sports cancelled for fall semester
- Can’t get through to unemployment office? Try this.
- LATEST on retroactive unemployment payments for La. residents
- Louisiana Workforce Commission changes how to file weekly certification
- La. officials provide update on unemployment benefits
- How to apply for unemployment in La. during COVID-19 pandemic
We will continue to update this list. Check back frequently.
Click here to report a typo.