LOUISIANA (WAFB) - This is your one-stop-shop guide to everything you need to know about the impact of COVID-19. Categories are listed alphabetically. If you have questions, Louisiana has a statewide call network. Please call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898-211. If you are stressed out and need help from a free, confidential crisis counselor text REACHOUT to 741741.
As of Wednesday, Nov. 25, the Louisiana Department of Health reported the following coronavirus cases for the state:
- 225,638 total cases - 1,234 new cases
- 6,350 total deaths - 27 new deaths
- 1,077 patients in hospitals - increase of 25 patients
- 116 patients on ventilators - increase of 3 patients
- 192,488 patients recovered - increase of 6,528 patients
The collection dates for most of these cases fall between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24.
- 95% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread.
- 5% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings
- 19% are individuals between 18-29.
Since Tuesday, Nov. 24, LDH says 15,879 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 3,397,674. Of the tests reported on Wednesday, 14,109 were PCR tests and 1,770 were antigen tests.
“Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count,” LDH says.
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
The Louisiana Department of Health is reporting the following MIS-C cases, as of 11/04/2020:
Confirmed Cases: 91
Age Range: 0-19
Median Age: 6
Gender: Female 36 (39.6%) | Male 55 (60.4%)
Clinical Status: Hospitalized 1 (1.1%) Discharged 85 (93.4%) | Died 5 (5.5%)
Race: Asian 3 (3.3%) Black 43 (47.3%) Other 13 (14.3%) White 32 (35.2%) Unknown 0
Ethnicity: Hispanic 22 (24.2%) Non-Hispanic 69 (75.8%)
- TESTING CENTERS: Where to get tested for COVID-19 in the Baton Rouge area
- Why having diabetes may increase the risk for severe COVID-19 illness: LSU doctor explains
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Allergies, flu, coronavirus: What your symptoms mean
- Doctors say pink eye a potential symptom of COVID-19
- FAQ: What bars are allowed to open?
- FAQ: Statewide mask mandate
- FAQ: Questions related to wearing face masks during pandemic
- FAQ: Guidelines for Opening America Again
- FAQ: Questions related to Louisiana’s Phase 3 of reopening
- FAQ: Questions related to animals
- FAQ: Questions related to funerals
- FAQ: COVID-19 health-related questions
Click here to report a typo.