MIAMI (WAFB) - Four former LSU Tigers are now Super Bowl champions.
The Kansas City Chiefs defeated the San Fransisco 49ers 31-20 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. on Sunday, Feb. 2.
Tyrann Mathieu, Mo Claiborne, Darrel Williams, and Spencer Ware are all with the Kansas City Chiefs but was once played for LSU at various times.
MORE SUPER BOWL STORIES:
- Mahomes leads Chiefs’ rally past 49ers in Super Bowl, 31-20
- Super Bowl napper’s now sleeping celebrity
- 10 years ago, Demi Lovato tweeted about singing at the Super Bowl ‘one day’
- Super Bowl ads: Tom Brady, Baby Nut, Frito-Lay and more dial up fun
- WATCH: Bill Murray reprises ‘Groundhog Day’ role for Super Bowl commercial
- Beyoncé, Jay-Z sit during national anthem at Super Bowl
Mathieu, Claiborne, and Ware were on the 2011 LSU team that lost to rival Alabama in the BCS National Championship in New Orleans on Jan. 9, 2012.
Mathieu was the Chiefs’ second-leading tackler on Super Bowl Sunday, recording four solo tackles and six total tackles.