ASCENSION PARISH, La. (WAFB) - Ascension Parish President Clint Cointment has proclaimed Jan. 13 through 17 as LSU Week.
He’s encouraging all parish employees to wear LSU gear all week long to celebrate the Tigers’ National Championship win against Clemson.
- Here’s where you can buy LSU National Champions gear
- VIDEO: Joe Burrow celebrates LSU’s National Championship victory by smoking cigar
- LSU fan starts GoFundMe to buy Clemson mascot new outfit after numerous jokes about its appearance
- Here’s how much LSU coaches will earn in bonuses for team’s incredible 2019 season
- Mayor to present LSU Tigers with a key to the city, parade planned for LSU football team after CFP National Championship win
“If there’s one thing that unites everyone in Ascension, it’s the love of LSU football. And LSU’s great win last night in the Superdome has put everyone here in high spirits,” Cointment said.
On Tuesday, Jan. 14, parish employees who work in the Governmental Complex met in the lobby to celebrate the victory.
“LSU is one team focused on victory. My goal is one parish team focused on winning for the people,” said Cointment.