GIVING TUESDAY: Find out how to donate to your favorite charities
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - After surviving the crowds on Black Friday, supporting your community on Small Business Saturday, and scouring the internet on Cyber Monday, it may be time to give a little bit of that shopping haul to those who need it.
Giving Tuesday is a global movement founded to establish a day that encourages everyone to do good. On this day, those looking to join the movement are encouraged to donate either their time, money, or supplies to their charity of choice.
- Catholic Charities: Sponsor a family for Christmas
- Leadership Livingston Alumni collecting blankets for non-profits
- Blood donations needed for holiday season
Tuesday, Dec. 19 is quickly approaching, and those looking to donate can click here for a list of local charities participating this Giving Tuesday.
Consider making a donation to these organizations based in Baton Rouge:
- St. Elizabeth Foundation: The organization opened in 1988 and provides counseling and medical care to birthparents and adoptive parents. How to donate.
- Cat Haven: A facility that cares for cats and can have 100 cats and kittens at the adoption center at any given time. Your donation go towards covers food, litter for one day and basic medical needs. Donations can be made by texting MEWSDAY to 444-999 or https://www.mightycause.com/story/0hoxdg.
- Bella Bowman Foundation: Since 2012, the foundation aims to help local children in the community battling cancer. The foundation’s mission is to create and support Research initiatives for pediatric brain cancer, fund new and continuous Education, and offer Comfort Care to others. How to donate.
- Louisiana Art and Science Museum: Donations are made through a secure link https://www.lasm.org/give/give/ or text GIVE to 225.351.9662 to set up a one-time or recurring donation in any amount that fits your budget.
Copyright 2019 WAFB. All rights reserved.