(WAFB) - Barry made landfall in Louisiana Saturday, July 13 as a Category 1 hurricane and was quickly downgraded to a tropical storm, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC).
Sandbags are available in the following locations:
- 5th Ward Fire Department - 39110 Hwy. 22
- Galvez-Lake Fire Department - 16288 Joe Sevario Rd.
- Jackie Robinson Memorial Park - P. O. Box 1659, 35638 Coco Rd.
- Stevens Park - 4323 Cannon Rd.
- City of Gonzales Maintenance Building - 2919 S Darla Ave.
- Sorrento Fire Dept. - 8096 Main St.
- Butch Gore Memorial Park - 14550 Harry Savoy Rd.
- St. Amant Park - 45404 Stringer Bridge Rd.
Residents need to bring their own shovels to fill bags.
- Big B’s Supermarket
- Dupaty Park
- American Legion
- Ag Center, 119 Robin St.
- Veteran’s Park
The Council on Aging and the United Cajun Navy will be filling bags and making deliveries for seniors in EBR. Seniors can contact COA at 225-923-8000 to request.
- Baker Public Works Yard – 1507 Mississippi St. (staff on-site to assist from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Baker City Hall – 3325 Groom Rd.
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
- St. George Fire HQ – 14100 Airline Highway
- 1507 Mississippi St. at the Public Works Yard
- 3325 Groom Rd. Behind City Hall
Click here for real-time info on updated sandbag locations around the City of Baton Rouge.
- Lovett Road Park (bags available)
- Another delivery of sand is anticipated for residents in the Flannery Road/Monticello area
- Zachary Youth Park, located at 1650 Mt. Pleasant Road
- Doyle’s Bayou Park, 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
These are free, self-serve sandbag filling locations, please bring your shovel to fill. Bags are available. It’s important to note that citizens must be able to show that they are a resident of Zachary. Assistance is available for the elderly and disabled.
- Haynes Street
- Iberville Parish Barn - 59705 Bayou Rd.
- Old Seymourville School - 58405 Barrow St.
- Bayou Goula Park - 56930 Cpl. Herman Brown Jr. St.
- White Castle Town Hall - 32535 Bowie St.
- Bayou Sorrel Fire Station - 32275 Hwy. 75.
- Bayou Pigeon Fire Station - 38305 Hwy. 75.
- Grosse Tete Town Hall - 18125 Willow St.
- Rosedale Town Hall - 76535 Rosedale Rd.
- Maringouin Town Hall - 77510 Landry Dr.
- St. Gabriel Town Hall - 5035 Iberville St.
- East Iberville Fire Department - 2075 Hwy. 30
Livingston Parish residents should call 225-686-3996 if they need assistance.
Parking lots at Grey’s Creek Elementary, Juban Parc Elementary and Juban Parc Junior High have been opened to allow residents in the South Denham Springs area to relocate their vehicles to these “high-ground” areas.
- Fire Dist. 4 Station 1, 29758 Palmetto St.
- Fire Dist. 3 Sation 1, 930 Government St.
- Fire Dist. 10 Station 1 at 30928 Hwy. 441
- Fire Dist. 2 Station 2, 31447 Hwy. 22 (sandbags are in the parking lot between the Killian Town Hall and the fire station)
- Fire Dist. 11 Station 1 at 33815 Hwy. 43 (old 4th Ward School) Albany Port Vincent-sand and sandbags will be located at the Community Center
SPRINGFIELD (residents need to bring their own shovels)
- Fire Dist. 2 Station 5 at 25389 Hutchinson CC Rd.
- Fire Dist. 2 Station 1, 32280 Terry St.
- Fire Dist. 2, Station 3, Lizard Creek on Highway 1037
- Fire Dist. 2, Station 5, Hutchinson Road at Highway 42
- PC Mutl-Use Center - 1400 Major Pkwy.
- PC Road Barn – 9636 Morganza Hwy.
- Livonia City Hall – 3111 LA 78
- Fire Station – Oscar – 6571 False River Rd.
- Fire Station – Lottie – 2950 LA 81
- Fire Station – Innis – 6456 LA 1
- Fire Station – Waterloo – 14275 LA 415
- Fire Station – Ventress – 7633 Lance St.
For anyone needing further information, please contact the St. Martin Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness by calling 337-394-2808.
- Gramercy Fire Department - 1502 N Airline Ave.
- Empty bags available at Gramercy Water Treatment Plant - 407 Hwy. 44 (call 225-869-8580)
- Lutcher Senior Center - 2631 Louisiana Ave.
- Grand Point Fire Station - 32122 Hwy. 642
- Training Center on WB - 29126 Health Unit St.
- Intersection of Bamboo Road and Indigo Parkway (near Lake Pontchartrain Elementary)
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy)
- Ezekiel Jackson Park in Garyville
- West Bank Complex
- Wallace, Edgard, Lucy, and Pleasure Bend Fire Stations
- Berwick (under the bridge)
- Morgan City (on David Dr. under the hwy 90 bridge)
- Patterson (Taft Street)
- Garden City (Hanson Barn)
- Franklin (Iberia Street)
- Four Corners (Dist. 11 Fire Dept.)
- Tangipahoa Parish Government’s Public Works Office - 44512 W Pleasant Ridge Rd. east of Hammond
- Wednesday, July 10 from 12 to 6 p.m. at the Maintenance Facility, 18104 Hwy. 190 E next to Piggly Wiggly
- Public Works Shop - 63101 Commercial St.
Bring your own shovel.
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd.
- Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy. 1
- Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St.
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave.
- Rivault Park, 900 S Jefferson Ave.
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd.
- South Winterville Water Tower
- Lobdell Fire Station