BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - After a dominating performance on the mound against Auburn, LSU pitcher London Marceaux has been named SEC Co-Freshman of the Week.
Marceaux started Friday night for LSU, pitching a career-high seven innings and limiting Auburn to one run on only two hits with no walks and seven strikeouts.
The freshman from Destrehan High School allowed just one Auburn runner to advance beyond first base during his outing and retired 11 straight batters from the first inning through the fourth inning.
SEC Weekly Awards:
- Player of the Week: Stephen Scott, Vanderbilt
- Co-Pitcher of the Week: Jack Leftwich, Florida
- Co-Pitcher of the Week: Garrett Stallings, Tennessee
- Co-Freshman of the Week: Landon Marceaux, LSU
- Co-Freshman of the Week: Joseph Menefee, Texas A&M