BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A 10-week accreditation course for aspiring residential constructions is accepting applications for its next session offered from June 24 to Aug. 28.
The program will feature two-hour sessions twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. Enrollment is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with a $350 fee.
The program will include seminars on print reading; building calculations; site work, demolition, and construction; foundations, formwork, and retaining walls; finishes; roof structures; structural loads; wood framing construction; related trades; special construction and equipment; and safety codes.
The program will be offered online via interactive distance-learning to multiple locations throughout Louisiana. Registration is available at the following:
- Bossier Parish Community College, Bossier City campus.
- River Parishes Community College, Gonzales campus.
- Delgado Community College, New Orleans City Park campus.
- Fletcher Technical Community College, Schriever campus.
- SOWELA Technical Community College, Lake Charles campus.
- Louisiana State University Eunice, Eunice campus.
- Central Louisiana Technical Community College, Alexandria campus.
- Northshore Technical Community College, Lacombe campus.
- Baton Rouge Community College, Baton Rouge.
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College, Shreveport campus.
- Nunez Community College, Chalmette.