BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Walmart is hoping to help Baton Rouge residents get their spring off to a healthier start by hosting a free health screening event.
The free event will be held Saturday, April 27 at Walmart stores throughout Baton Rouge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event will include:
- Free total cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose, and BMI screenings
- Free consultations with pharmacists to help answer important health questions
- Free vision screenings in select locations
- Low-cost immunizations administered by health professionals (most insurance plans accepted)
- Nutrition information
- Opioid awareness materials
Walmart hosts such screenings quarterly as part of the company’s commitment to making quality healthcare more affordable and accessible. Since its first Walmart Wellness event in 2014, Walmart has held more than 3 million free screenings during these events.