BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The rain will not stop the party in downtown Baton Rouge.
As inclemenet weather approaches, organizers of the Baton Rouge Blues Festival cancelled Saturday performances.
Some of those acts have been rescheduled and relocated to two downtown bars: Jolie Pearl Oyster Bar and The Register Bar.
“Rain can’t stop the blues,” organizers said in a Facebook post.
JOLIE PEARL OYSTER BAR (315 North Blvd.):
- 4:15 - 5:15: Smokehouse Porter and Miss Mamie
- 5:45 - 7: Henry Gray w/ special guests Bob Corritore and others
- 7:30 - 8:45: Kenny Neal, Lil Ray Neal, and Tyree Neal
THE REGISTER BAR (143 3rd St.):
- 2:30 - 3:25: Levee Road Revue
- 3:30 - 4:30: Killer Whale
- 4:45 - 6:15: Greyhounds
- 6:30 - 8: Chris Leblanc
- 8:30 - 10: William Bell
According to a press release, all Sunday programming will proceed as scheduled.
Organizers said more information will be available at batonrougebluesfestival.org and on social media as things develop.