BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Southern University Ag Center’s Family and Human Development Unit is hosting a free heart health workshop on Apr. 5.
The Personal Health History Workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Smith-Brown Memorial Student Union, located at 500 Jesse Stone Ave. on SU’s campus.
The workshop will feature sessions on the following topics:
- Understanding your risks to prevent a heart attack
- Understanding Medicaid and Medicare
- Eating for a healthy heart
- Power of attorney and living wills
- Mental health and well-being
- Harmful effects of smoking
- Healthy tactics for personal safety and security